Scholarships Description and Criteria
Academic Excellence Scholarships
These competitive scholarships are based on academic excellence and leadership* from anywhere in the country of Belize. Applicants should have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5 or higher and demonstrated leadership qualities. The Academic Excellence Scholarship covers tuition and books and is renewable annually based on the student’s academic performance.
These scholarships are being offered to applicants who can demonstrate financial need and leadership* qualities. One financial need scholarship will be awarded to a student from each district in Belize. Applicants should have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher. The District Scholarship covers tuition and is renewable annually based on the student’s academic performance.
* Leadership includes but not limited to: extracurricular activities (school, church, community/NGOs); have won awards or gained positive recognition by others; employment history with excellent performance record.
All applicants must be completing either Fourth Form or Sixth Form
Completed Application Should be mailed to
The office of Student Affairs Galen University P.O.Box 94 San Ignacio Belize
- Complete application
- Statement of Purpose (between 250-500 words) Topic: In concert with Galen University’s Vision (can be found at www.galen.edu.bz), how do you plan to utilize your education at Galen to benefit Belize and its citizens?
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher or school administrator, the other from a community member who can speak about the applicants’ leadership abilities. Official copy of school transcript
- Proof of financial need (copy of parents’ income tax or a job verification letter) for applicants applying for the District Scholarship.
- Finalists may be required to attend an interview with the Academic Evaluation Committee