All prospective international students must meet the academic requirements for international admission.
International Admission Requirements Checklist
- Galen University online application or download pdf version
- 2 official transcripts from current or past institution. Official copies are issued by your school, college, or university in a sealed envelope and must bear the official stamp or seal of the institution as well as signature of appropriate official. If transcripts and certificates are not in English, provide a certified translation of your documents
- 1 copy of information page from passport. Your passport must be valid at least three months past the end of your program
- 4 passport size photographsDisciplinary Clearance Form with the official stamp or seal of the institution as well as signature of appropriate official$
- 60 USD application fee. Application fees may be paid with a check to Galen University or by credit card
Required Upon Acceptance
- Waiver Agreement (Terms and Condition)
- Proof of Insurance Form
- International Student Information Form
- Proof of financial support while studying in Belize. This may be a bank statement or a copy of your Financial Aid Award Letter.
- The application must be completed and return with all necessary documents to:
The International Center
P.O. Box 94 San Ignacio,
Cayo District Belize
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Will I need a visa?
A: How do I get one? Students coming from United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom and other specific countries do not require an entry visa to Belize but will require a student permit. However, some permit will need to be obtained before arrival in Belize for nationals of specific countries. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you require an entry visa to Belize. Arrangements for the student visa will be made through our Study Abroad Office. Upon arrival to the Philip Goldson International Airport, the immigration office will stamp your passport with a 30 day tourist visa, and the International Student Coordinator will collect passport after orientation to process your student permit at the immigration Headquarter in Belmopan City.
Q: Can the application fee be waived or deferred?
A: No, your application will not be processed without the $60 (US) application fee for international application.
Q: How am I notified about an admission decision?
A: For all changes to admission status, including final decisions, you will receive an email sent to your email address on the application form. An original letter of admission will be mailed to your mailing address from the Director of Enrolment Services.
Q: Will credits be transferred to my home institution?
A: Generally, home institution will require that your overseas study program be pre-approved in order to guarantee that you receive credit. Please see your academic counsellor at your home institution. It is your responsibility to ensure that credits transfer to your institution. We can assist by sending supplemental information about our programs.
Q: Will someone pick me up at the airport?
A: A Galen shuttle will pick you up at the Philip Goldson International airport in Belize City. The International Student Coordinator will be waiting with a Galen sign as you exit the door.
Q: Where will I stay?
A: Galen University does not have residence hall; therefore, students are housed in a family-run resort, The Log Cab-Inn Resort (http://www.logcabinns-belize.com), situated within an orange grove and decorated by palm and local flora. It is located just one mile west of San Ignacio Town at Mile 68 on Western Highway. The Log Cab-Inn has graciously welcomed international students from Galen University for over eight years.
Q: What immunizations are required, if any, before travelling to Belize?
A: There are no required immunizations for Belize; but you are advised to take Chloroquine for Malaria prevention. For more information on malaria and its preventative medication please visit the CDC website: www.cdc.goc/travelwww.cdc.gov/travel. You might want to use this opportunity to update your vaccination.