- Doctorate Degree in Economics, Poverty, and Social Development.
- Masters in Economic Development
- Masters in Teaching Teachers how to Teach Spanish as a Second Language.
- Bachelors in Agriculture.
Dr. Osmond Martinez is an Assistant Professor of Economics in the Faculty of Business and Entrepreneurship at Galen University. He completed a doctorate in Economics with focus in Poverty and Social Development from the Universidad De Baja California, Mexico. His research work centered on sustainable tourism development with implications of poverty alleviation and socioeconomic development in Belize.
He has 16 years of experience in the combined fields of business and academics. During his business career, Dr. Martinez served as regional manager for Farallon Aquaculture S.A. of Panama, a post that required interaction with businesses associated with shrimp larvae production throughout Central America, Venezuela and Ecuador. His passion and innovation motivated him to start the first plastic recycling business in Belize exporting products to Taiwan and Mexico.
- Sustainable Tourism Development: Implication for Poverty Alleviation and Socioeconomic Development in Belize.
- Poverty Resilience: Maximizing Equitable Use and Increasing Production of Agricultural Land in Belize.
Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Environmental Economics, Quantitative Methods, International Marketing, Economic Development, Introduction to Business Analytics, Advanced Managerial Economics, Spanish Methods, and Spanish Language & Culture.